Blue Ridge Cherry Valley Rod & Gun Club (BRCV) is dedicated to the propagation and conservation of wildlife, to promoting the shooting sports and to providing a safe facility for our members to practice with their firearms.
Safety and proper firearms handling are of paramount importance to the BRCV. All members are required to complete the NRA basic Pistol Course and are encouraged to attend other club sanctioned training seminars and classes offered by the club.
The Blue Ridge Cherry Valley Rod & Gun Club was established at the end of the Civil War by local Monroe County Farmers and Sportsmen. The organization was chartered in 1874, three years after the founding of the National Rifle Association. In 1976, by membership vote, the BRCV Rod & Gun Club became a “Dry” club. This policy has withstood the test of time and has helped preserve this club as a “Shooters” organization. The club was incorporated in 1992. In 2008 by membership vote, Blue Ridge Cherry Valley Rod and Gun Club became 100% NRA membership. In 2011 the club was awarded their first NRA Gold Club Award.
The original clubhouse was a modest one room structure approximately 20 feet x 30 feet. It basically was a kitchen and a lavatory arrangement. As the club grew, two more rooms were constructed in later years, largely by members, which now make up the current structure. Improvements are ongoing.
The club’s grounds total approximately 7.8 acres with ample parking available. The layout of the club is:
The Lower Range Area is an all around area which allocates space for Shotgun, Rifle and Pistol events, it includes:
- The Trap Range with fully automated Pat Trap and electronic calling system.
- The Rifle/Pistol Range is a 50 yard and 150 yard outdoor rifle/pistol targeting area. It also includes a 15 foot x 60 foot Range House with eight (8) sheltered gun ports (constructed by members in 1994), six (6) divided outdoor safety bays for IPDA competitive pistol and rifle events. In 2013, a 12 foot x 20 foot outdoor shooting platform for prone rifle shooting and a stairway from the parking area to the clubhouse were installed.
The Upper Range Area allows only Pistol and Small Bore Rifle and includes:
- A 15 foot x 60 foot Pistol House with 10 enclosed shooting ports. The pistol range itself allows up to 50 yard targeting.
- This range area was constructed in 1985 by the membership but was absent of any building until the Range House was constructed by members in 1992. The roof was donated by the Pennbrook Shooting Club, Reeders, Pennsylvania.
- Also, added in August 2014 is a separate steel range adjacent to the existing pistol range. The steel targets provided are both static and swinging targets.
Blue Ridge Cherry Valley Rod & Gun Club membership is open to anyone who subscribes to the principals for which the club was founded, promotion and conservation of wildlife, promotion of the shooting sports and safe firearms handling.
Prospective members must complete a membership application and submit it to the club. All membership applications will be reviewed at the regular club membership meeting, held on the last Friday of the month at 7pm in the BRCV clubhouse.
BRCV is an supporting member of the National Rifle Association and all members are required to be NRA members in good standing. New membership is contingent upon providing proof of NRA membership no later than 90 days after being accepted into the club.
Completion of the NRA Basic Pistol Course is also a requirement of membership. New members must take the course at the next available offering (not to exceed 90 days from the date of BRCV club acceptance).
Failure to provide proof of current NRA membership or to complete the NRA Basic Pistol Course will result in the loss of BRCV membership, no exceptions.
The general membership meeting is held in the BRCV clubhouse on the last Friday of each month at 7pm.
The Board of Governors meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month in the BRCV clubhouse at 7pm
Please use the Pay Now button below to begin your registration.
After your payment is submitted you will be directed to a payment confirmation screen on PayPay.
You must click on the “Return to Blue Ridge Cherry Valley Rod & Gun Club link (see illustration below) to complete your registration.
Full payment of dues is required at the time of application. In addition to the regular dues, a member is required to pay a one time fee. (Initiation fee is non-refundable).