AR 102 – Advanced Modern Sporting Rifle
Date(s) - 10/15/2016
7:30 am to 5:30 pm
Building on our personally designed AR 101 course we are now introducing AR 102. This is a comprehensive 2-day course where students will be exposed to dynamic shooting scenarios while moving and engaging multiple targets.
Students will be introduced to Combat First Aid, understanding Weight distribution of their load out gear and the effects on their sight picture. We will also address Armor, types of Armor protection for chest and head and how to properly utilize the Molle system.
Topics to be taught include:
- Armor (Types of Armor, chest, head, how to wear, Functionality)
- Molle system (Functionality and Accessories with Armor integration)
- Weight Mechanics
- Combat First Aid
- AR Accessories (Optics, Lasers, Lights, the effects on sight alignment)
- Combat Movement
- Engaging Multiple Targets while moving
- Dynamic Shooting positions:
Moving toward and away from targets utilizing structures
Standing, Kneeling, Prone, transitioning while moving
Shooting from your side, under structures
- Introduction to night vision
Students will need to bring:
- AR/M4 Rifle w/ sling
- Electronic Hearing Protection
- Eye protection
- Range bag
- 6 magazines
- Battle Belt or Chest rig
- If necessary knee pads, elbow pads
- Cleaning Kit
- 300 rounds of Ammo, ball ammo only (NO AP, TRACER ROUNDS)
- Suitable Clothing for weather and ground contact.
- Hydration pack
AR 101 or a previous 8 hour beginner AR course. Previously sighted in AR w/ optic.
Please use the Pay Now button below to begin your registration.
After your payment is submitted you will be directed to a payment confirmation screen on PayPay.
You must click on the “Return to Blue Ridge Cherry Valley Rod & Gun Club link (see illustration below) to complete your registration.